Tom Wood originally founded Help4HomelessHeroes, a community project working in and around South Yorkshire. The Charity Commission considered the name may create confusion for another high profile charity.
Tom’s aim is to provide a ‘Service of Care’ for veterans who for whatever reason find themselves vulnerable and living rough. To avoid any confusion to the public, the Charity Commission or the high profile charity he considered it would be in the best interest of all concerned to change the name of the charity to:
Help 4 Homeless VeteransMission Statement:
“Our mission is to source and provide accommodation to Ex Service Personnel who are living rough or in unsatisfactory accommodation”.
- To support, Servicemen and women into suitable accommodation, and empower them to develop a civilian career.
- To provide access to organisations who can offer up-to-date and accessible information on employment, further training and wider opportunities.
- To identify employers in locations close to the accommodation occupied by veterans maintain and develop links with employers and other relevant agencies regionally.
- To provide, an excellent, quality ‘Service of Care’ to our beneficiaries.
- To set high expectations and apply our skills, energy and passion to provide an excellent quality ‘Service of Care’.
- To constantly evolve our ‘Service of Care’ to match the changing needs of the Veteran Community to ensure our beneficiaries can benefit from the provision provided.